TWiLight Menu++ FAQ & Troubleshooting
For more FAQs, please visit the GBAtemp thread.
Where is the Acekard/Wood UI theme?
The Acekard (also called Wood UI) theme was removed due to its buggy behavior and causing SD card corruption. Please wait for a fix. Progress for the return of this theme can be found in this PR.
Why do I get a white screen when trying to load a DS game from SD card?
See I’m having issues with my ROM(s), what should I do? on the nds-bootstrap FAQ page.
How do I use cheats?
You need to have a cheat DB in the form of a
usrcheat.dat file in the
sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/ folder. The most updated cheat database is DeadSkullzJr’s NDS(i) Cheat Databases.
- On the 3DS, this database is available in the Universal-Updater app as “NDS(i) Cheat Databases”. This will automatically install it to the required location.
Alternatively, you can use r4cce to create your own cheat DB.
How do I show a custom picture on the top screen of the DSi theme?
.png image in
sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/dsimenu/photos/ will be shown each time the menu is loaded. If there are no applicable images, screenshots taken by nds-bootstrap will be used instead.
- The images(s) must be no bigger than 208x156
- If you have errors, it’s most likely an error with the image size. Please use tinypng to reduce the size
How do I get games?
- On DS you can use GodMode9i to dump your GBA games and, if you have a Slot-2 flashcart, DS games. If you only have a Slot-1 flashcard and would like to dump a DS game, you can use Wooddumper, which requires a Wi-Fi connection compatible with the DS, as well as an FTP client on a separate device to receive the ROM
- On DSi you can use GodMode9i to dump your DS games and DSiWare
- On 3DS you can use GodMode9 to dump your DS games, DSiWare, and Virtual Console titles
Can I get the save files from my Game Cards onto my SD card or vice versa?
Is this a DS(i) emulator?
No, this is not an emulator. The menu and DS games (loaded via nds-bootstrap) are ran natively in the console’s DS/DSi mode. The only consoles emulated are the past consoles, but partially for GBA (as some or all parts like graphics are ran natively).
Why can’t I find/see my games?
There are a multiple reasons you may be unable to find them.
- If you placed your games in the
_ndsfolder, you are unable to access it because it is permanently invisible in TWiLight Menu++. Please move them to any other location on the SD card
- If you have more than 39 items in a folder and all of the slots on the menu are taken, your games may be on the next page. Use L/R or SELECT + Left/Right to switch pages
- If your game or folder is hidden, you may need to show hidden files via TWiLight Menu++’s GUI settings
- If the game type is set to be hidden in Emulation/HB settings, it won’t appear on menus. Change these settings so that they will be displayed
- If your game is in an archive (
7z, etc), it cannot be used by TWiLight Menu++. Extract the game from the archive to use it
- If your game does not use one of the supported extensions, you may have to change the extension by renaming the file