TWiLight Menu++ FAQ & Troubleshooting
For more FAQs, please visit the GBAtemp thread.
Where is the Acekard/Wood UI theme?
The Acekard (also called Wood UI) theme was removed due to its buggy behavior and causing SD card corruption. Please wait for a fix. Progress for the return of this theme can be found in this PR.
Why do I get a white screen when trying to load a DS game from SD card?
See Why do I get a white screen when trying to load a game from SD card? on the nds-bootstrap FAQ page.
How do I use cheats?
You need to have a cheat DB in the form of a
usrcheat.dat file in the
sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/ folder. The most updated cheat database is DeadSkullzJr’s.
- On the 3DS, this database is available in the Universal-Updater app as “NDS Cheat Databases.” This will automatically install it to the required location.
Alternatively, you can use r4cce to create your own cheat DB.
How do I show a custom picture on the top screen of the DSi theme?
.png image in
sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/dsimenu/photos/ will be shown each time the menu is loaded. If there are no applicable images, screenshots taken by nds-bootstrap will be used instead.
- The images(s) must be no bigger than 208x156
- If you have errors, it’s most likely an error with the image size. Please use tinypng to reduce the size
How do I get games?
- On DS you can use GodMode9i to dump your GBA games and, if you have a Slot-2 flashcart, DS games. If you only have a Slot-1 flashcard and would like to dump a DS game, you can use Wooddumper, which requires a Wi-Fi connection compatible with the DS, as well as an FTP client on a separate device to receive the ROM
- On DSi you can use GodMode9i to dump your DS games and DSiWare
- On 3DS you can use GodMode9 to dump your DS games, DSiWare, and Virtual Console titles
Can I get the save files from my Game Cards onto my SD card or vice versa?
Is this a DS(i) emulator?
No, this is not an emulator. The menu and DS games (loaded via nds-bootstrap) are ran natively in the console’s DS/DSi mode. The only consoles emulated are the past consoles, but partially for GBA (as some or all parts like graphics are ran natively).
Why isn’t touch input working on sudokuhax?
Depending on the save file of sudokuhax, the touch screen inputs may not work.