TWiLight Menu++ FAQ & Troubleshooting
Dla więcej FAQ, odwiedź wątek na GBAtemp.
How do I fix touch screen not working after launching a game?
- If you’re launching a cartridge, then make sure the
Slot-1 Touch Modesetting is set to
- If the issue persists, or if you’re using a ROM instead, then follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/recover-ds-mode-after-an-nvram-brick-eg-after-using-a-ds-bricker.516444/
Where is the Acekard/Wood UI theme?
The Acekard (also called Wood UI) theme was removed due to its buggy behavior and causing SD card corruption. Proszę poczekaj na poprawkę. Postępy w zakresie powrotu tego tematu można znaleźć w tym PR.
Why do I get a white screen when trying to load a DS game from SD card?
See I’m having issues with my ROM(s), what should I do? on the nds-bootstrap FAQ page.
How do I use cheats?
You need to have a cheat DB in the form of a
usrcheat.dat file in the
sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/ folder. The most updated cheat database is DeadSkullzJr’s NDS(i) Cheat Databases.
- On the 3DS, this database is available in the Universal-Updater app as “NDS(i) Cheat Databases”. This will automatically install it to the required location.
Alternatively, you can use r4cce to create your own cheat DB.
Once you have a cheat DB, you can enable cheats by pressing Y in TWiLight Menu++ when the cursor is on the game to open the per-game settings, then X to open the cheats menu.
How do I show a custom picture on the top screen of the DSi theme? Can I hide it instead?
.png image in
sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/dsimenu/photos/ will be shown each time the menu is loaded. If there are no applicable images, screenshots taken by nds-bootstrap will be used instead.
- The images(s) must be no bigger than 208x156
- If you have errors, it’s most likely an error with the image size. Please use tinypng to reduce the size
As for hiding the picture, you need to edit the
theme.ini file found in
sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/dsimenu/themes/[skin folder]/. Open the file with a text editor, change the line
0, then save the file.
How do I get games?
You can download homebrew games from Universal-DB and GameBrew. To get dumps of your retail games:
- On DS you can use GodMode9i to dump your GBA games and, if you have a Slot-2 flashcart, DS games. If you only have a Slot-1 flashcard and would like to dump a DS game, you can use Wooddumper, which requires a Wi-Fi connection compatible with the DS, as well as an FTP client on a separate device to receive the ROM
- On DSi you can use GodMode9i to dump your DS games and DSiWare
- On 3DS you can use GodMode9 to dump your DS games, DSiWare, and Virtual Console titles
Can I get the save files from my Game Cards onto my SD card or vice versa?
Yes. You can use Checkpoint on 3DS, or GodMode9i on DSi / 3DS.
Is this a DS(i) emulator?
No, this is not an emulator. The menu and DS games (loaded via nds-bootstrap) are ran natively in the console’s DS/DSi mode. The only consoles emulated are the past consoles, but partially for GBA (as some or all parts like graphics are ran natively).
Why can’t I find/see my games?
There are a multiple reasons you may be unable to find them.
_ndsfolder found on the root of the SD card is not intended for applications one would access via TWiLight Menu++, due to its reservation for functionality based files (skins, configuration, images, emulators and more). If you’ve placed your titles here, please move them to another location.
- If you have more than 39 items in a folder and all of the slots on the menu are taken, your games may be on the next page. Use L/R or SELECT + Left/Right to switch pages
- If your game or folder is hidden, you may need to show hidden files via TWiLight Menu++’s GUI settings
- If your game is in an archive (
7z, etc), it cannot be used by TWiLight Menu++. Extract the game from the archive to use it
- If your game does not use one of the supported extensions, you may have to change the extension by renaming the file
Is there a 3DS emulator for DS(i)?
No, there isn’t. It is not possible to emulate 3DS on DS(i) because of the 3DS using newer hardware.