Playing in Widescreen
Requires an Old / New Nintendo 3DS or 2DS console.
- Make sure Luma’s
boot.firmis on the SD root for this to work
- Download TWPatch and copy
TWPatch.ciato your SD card (GBATemp thread)
- You can also use Universal-Updater to install TWPatch instead of the previous two steps
- Return to the home menu and launch TWPatch
- (Optional!) For a less pixelated widescreen, hold Y + B and enable
GPU scale test (health hazard!)
- The “health hazard!” is because it gave the developer a headache due to its blurriness
- Press X + START to generate a
TwlBg.cxifile with widescreen
- If the top screen doesn’t indicate that wide patch is enabled, start from step 3 again
- If widescreen still doesn’t work, wait for RTCom-activated widescreen to be released
- Restart your 3DS while holding SELECT to open Luma3DS’s configuration
external FIRMs and modules, then press START to save and quit
- Open TWiLight Menu++ settings, switch to the
Misc settingspage, and set
Screen Aspect Ratioto
- This can be done per-game as well
You’re all done! Enjoy your DS games in widescreen!
NOTE1: Every game/app in DS(i) mode will run in widescreen, even the games that aren’t compatible with widescreen. For this to be fixed so only the widescreen-compatible games run in widescreen, wait for RTCom-activated widescreen to be released.
NOTE2: Do not hold START or SELECT when launching TWLMenu++, if you don’t want widescreen to look glitched. If you don’t see the screen aspect ratio setting, wait for RTCom-activated widescreen to be released.
Not every game is widescreen compatible. We have created a list of games with widescreen